The Keyport First Aid Squad began its operation in 1927. But the squad did not apply for a charter until 1928, therefore it became the second oldest squad in the state. (Originally the First Aid Squad was combined with the Keyport Engine Company # 1). After breaking away from the Fire Department the First Aid Squad established headquarters at 118 Broad St. In 1966 the squad constructed its current headquarters at 1927 Atlantic St. In December of 2000 the squad began the Keyport First Aid Cadet Squad. A youth program that trains High School Students as future volunteers. The group started with ten students and today has over 60 enthusiastic members.